Med Viking is pre-registered in the Cruising category but there was not much information about what this exactly meant. Today, Steve Chamberlin, the Pacific Club Commodore sent an email with some information
Basically, boats in the Cruising Division are allowed to use their engine and any sail configuration. The boats are not going to be classed with the other guys (the “racers”) but will be recognized based on some different criteria:
- Boats in this division will not compete with the racing divisions for overall trophies.
- There will be unique awards for this division, and they may include some or all of the following:
- Best performance based on boat potential and completed logbook; this award is subjective and final.
- Best menus for the voyage; only those meals served will be eligible.
- Best overall wine list, assessing both quality and quantity.
- Best fish caught; photographic evidence will be required.
- Best blog.
- Most fun passage based on logbook and other evidence.
- Best single day passage without motor use.
- Best half-way party based on photos, entertainment, menu and wine list.
- Best MacGyver story.
- Others as appropriate or not.
I think that Med Viking should be able to score a few points in some of these categories – hopefully not the MacGyver one!